Plain deep fried or roasted potatoes are great on their own, even when simply paired with plain old salt. But Indonesian, and most Asians, don’t treat potatoes as carbs, but as one of the many dishes to accompany the ever present rice, so our potato dishes are typically prepared with strong sauces that go well with rice. One of my favorite potato dish is this quick to prepared sambal goreng kentang.
Several posts ago, I introduce the recipe to make the super versatile sambal goreng. This is an amazing sauce that goes with so many dishes, such as sambal goreng telur and sambal goreng ikan, plus they are one of my favorite chili sauce. In fact, aside from the three recipes that I have introduce so far, you can use the same sauce to coat chicken wings! Great right? So make the sauce already and get creative using it 🙂
- 500 gram potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 tablespoon sambal goreng (recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit (200 Celcius), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, toss potatoes with oil, salt, and ground pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes until golden brown. Stir halfway so they turn brown evenly.
- Heat 4 tablespoon of sambal goreng in a frying pan until bubbles, then add the roasted potatoes into the pan. Gently toss until potatoes are evenly coated with the sauce. Turn off heat, transfer to a serving plate, and serve with steamed white rice.