This is my go to recipe when I am in a hurry to prepare some dishes for lunch/dinner. This is so easy and so fast to prepare and everyone in my family love it.
What I love with this recipe is how versatile it can be. Here, I use thinly sliced scallions, scallion ribbons, and a couple of coriander sprigs as toppings. You can use other toppings of your choice, such as thinly sliced bell peppers, small celery leaves, katsuo bushi (Japanese shaved bonito flakes), toasted sesame seeds, and so on. So go wild, experiment, and have fun.
- 1 block silken tofu (about 250 gram)
- 1 scallion, chop the green part into 2 inch ribbons and thinly slice the white part
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- Prepare a steamer, place the tofu in a steam proof plate and steam for 5 minutes. Drain the liquid from the plate that collects during steaming.
- In a microwave proof bowl, combine garlic and canola oil. Heat in 450 Watt for 3 minutes, or until the garlic turns golden brown. Remove from microwave, add soy sauce and sweet soy sauce and mix well.
- Arrange scallion on top of the tofu and drizzle the garlic sauce onto it. Serve immediately.