Ginkgo nuts, ginseng, lotus seeds, and jujube fruits cooked with one whole chicken to produce a scrumptious and healthy soup. This is another family favorite for a Chinese herbal soup. Enjoy!♥
Gingko Nuts and Ginseng Chicken Soup
Author: Daily Cooking Quest
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 free range chicken (Indonesian: ayam kampung), cut into 4-8 pieces
- 30 ginkgo nuts (Chinese: bai guo)
- 2 tablespoon ginseng
- 20 dried lotus seeds (Chinese: lian zi)
- 10 dried jujube fruit (Chinese: hong zao)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 liter water
- Rinse and drain all the dried herbs to remove dust and dirt.
- Place all ingredients in a soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until chicken is tender and fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.