Happy New Year everyone! I bet you all had a fun time celebrating the coming of the new year with family and friends, huh? And perhaps you enjoyed a really big heavy dinner too? Fear not, this recipe for purple yam sweet soup is super light and supposed to be good for your body. Stewing yam in sweet ginger soup is one of the easiest way to enjoy yam. Regular yam, which has orange color, is more commonly used than the purple one. But I really like how the purple one turns out, it looks so bright and so pretty. ♥
- 500 gram purple yam, peeled and cut into bite sizes
- 50 gram ginger, peeled and bruised
- 2 pandan leaves, knotted
- 1 liter water
- 75 gram rock sugar (or regular sugar)
- Place purple yam, ginger, pandan leaves, and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the yam is tender.
- Add sugar and cook until all sugar has dissolved. Turn off heat and serve immediately or chilled.