Ayam Kecap Pedas – Chicken in Spicy Sweet Soy Sauce

Anita

I am Anita, amateur cook, web developer, and blogger. My husband Piti and I live in Jakarta. I love to eat and cook, and yes I am in the kitchen almost everyday of the week, except weekends. ♥ Find Me on Google+

You may also like...

10 Responses

1. Laura says:

Hi my name is Laura I live in Spain and I think to share your recipes and my spanish recipes in a diferent way.
    I would like to know cooking your recipes but without somebody to guide me will be dificult.

Through food we share a part of as,because it is someting very particular we are pleased when somebody like our food.

Please send me an email to explain better what it´s all about.

Best regards

2. Jilly says:

What if I can’t find candlenuts? Can I skip it altogether? It’s hard to find kemiri here in Canada :(

3. Mbak, hari ini aku coba masakan ini… Enak :D

4. John Baglow says:

Lucky I checked the Indonesian names for the chillies. Could have set fire to myself if I’d used keriting in place of besar as indicated.

But my goodness, what a fine dish. Will make it again. Local Chinatown grocer has candlenuts, as I’d hoped.

5. adeline lee says:

Good blog with easy to cook recipes.

6. Justin BERK says:

How do I make the paste? How many macadamia nuts do I use?

• Anita says:

Hi Justin, I usually put all the spice paste ingredients in the spice attachment that comes with my blender, or my mini food processor (you can use regular size one too, of course), to grind the spice. Or, you can also use mortar and pestle if you have that. To substitute candle nuts with macademia nuts, I use a 1 to 1 substitution, so you will need to use 5 macadamia nuts for this recipe. Hope this helps :)

1. December 20, 2013

[…] INGREDIENTS:2 tablespoon oil1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces4 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon sugar400 ml water1 red chili (Indonesian: cabe merah besar), sliced diagonally1 green chili (Indonesian: cabe hijau besar), sliced diagonallySpice paste5 red chilies (Indonesian: cabe merah keriting)5 candlenuts (Indonesian: kemiri)5 shallots (Indonesian: bawang merah)3 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih)1 inch ginger (Indonesian: jahe)DIRECTIONS: http://dailycookingquest.com/by-cuisine/indonesian/ayam-kecap-pedas-chicken-in-spicy-sweet-soy-sauce  […]