Another of my super easy recipe when I am super lazy to cook and just want to throw together enough ingredients to call it a recipe 😀 But, I hope this counts since it definitely tastes good even with just 5 ingredients! Chicken thighs, kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce), tomato ketchup, sesame oil, and sesame seeds. So, do you think you have those in your pantry? For me, even when I am too lazy to do grocery, I probably will still have those in my pantry and probably a packet or two of chicken thighs/breasts sitting in the freezer. Let’s get cooking!
- 500 gram chicken thigh fillets
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup (Indonesian: saus tomat)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 360 Fahrenheit (180 Celcius) and line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together chicken thigh, kecap manis, tomato ketchup, sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Transfer these to the prepared tray.
- Bake in the oven until fully cooked, about 30 minutes.
- Let the cooked chicken rest for 5 minutes before cutting into small strips. Serve with steamed white rice.