Jus Alpukat – Avocado Shake
By far, the most popular way to enjoy ripe avocados is making juice out of them. Though we lovingly name them jus alpukat, with literal translation of avocado juice, the texture is actually closer to a shake. As far as I know, there are two camps of avocado juice aficionados, the one who swears that the juice needs to be blended with thick black coffee, and the one without. My Mom and Dad are both die hard fans of avocado juice with black coffee, that automatically means I grow up drinking this kind of avocado juice, and hence I always add three to four tablespoon of black coffee (espresso is even better) to my avocado juice. The other camp just drink their avocado juice with sweetened condensed milk, and if you see some streak of chocolate, it means they are using the chocolate sweet condensed milk instead of black coffee. If you are new to this drink, you can make two servings and add some black coffee to one serving and see which one you prefer. ♥
- 2 ripe avocados (Indonesian: alpukat)
- 4 tablespoon sweet condensed milk (Indonesian: susu kental manis)
- 300 ml water
- ½ cup of black coffee (Indonesian: kopi hitam)
- chocolate sweet condensed milk (Indonesian: susu kental manis coklat) (*)
- In a blender, process avocado, sweet condensed milk, and water until smooth. Pour into four serving glasses.
- For coffee lovers, add 3 to 4 tablespoon of black coffee to your avocado juice and stir. Drink immediately.
- For chocolate lovers, add 1 tablespoon of chocolate sweet condensed milk to your avocado juice and stir. Drink immediately.