Roti Bakar Keju Pisang Coklat – Toast with Cheese, Banana, and Chocolate
Toast is called roti bakar in Indonesia. Roti is of course bread, but bakar is usually reserved for grilled food, and no one ever grill a bread right? But weird translation aside, this combination of sandwich is one of the most popular in Indonesia. Though I use hazelnut spread (such as Nutella), it is actually more common to use chocolate sprinkles (or coklat meses as it is known here).
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 slice of cheese (I use Kraft singles)
- 1 banana, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- Toast the breads.
- Top one toast with a slice of cheese and a layer of banana slices.
- Spread hazelnut spread onto another toast, then place this on top of the other bread.
- Cut into two and serve immediately.