Mango is in season, they smell so nice and so mouthwatering I could not resist buying a couple home from the market 🙂 They are delicious as is, but I decided to make rujak this time. I am using Indramayu mango for this recipe, but I suspect it can be substituted with any variety of mango.
- 2 mangoes (about 900 gram), peeled and cut into sticks
- 300 ml water
- 150 gram sugar
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon
- In a sauce pot, boil water, sugar, chili, and salt. Turn of the heat once all the sugar has dissolved.
- Add chopped mangoes and juice of 1 lemon to the pot and mix well.
- Let it cool and chill in refrigerator for at least a couple of hour. Serve cold in serving glasses.