If you happen to follow my previous recipe to prepare sambal goreng, now I am going to show you a super easy way to prepare this really simple egg dish with the chili sauce. Here I fry the hard boiled eggs until their surface blister and turn golden brown since this is the traditional way to prepare the dish, but it is totally fine if you want to skip this step.
I hope you like this recipe, and stay tune for upcoming recipes which will also use the same sambal goreng! But the next recipe will be slightly more complicated than this one, but not much, I promise 🙂
- 10 - 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- enough oil for deep frying
- ½ cup sambal goreng (recipe)
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a wok/pot. Fry hard boiled eggs until the surface blister and turn golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat sambal goreng on a frying pan on medium heat. Once it bubbles, add the deep fried eggs, stir to coat well, cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, transfer to a serving plate, and serve with steamed white rice.