Wedang Teh Susu Jahe – Ginger Milk Tea
Indonesians love their many incarnations of wedang in rainy days, which is perfect for the unpredictable weather that has been going on in Jakarta for a while now. Today, I am going to post a pretty popular wedang recipe: wedang teh susu jahe (ginger milk tea).
- 250 ml hot water
- 1 teabag of black tea
- 100 ml fresh milk
- 50 gram fresh ginger, peeled and bruised
- 1 lemon grass, chopped and bruised
- 50 gram sugar
- 250 ml water
- Boil all ginger syrup ingredients on a stove top. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes until all sugar has dissolved.
- Strain to get a clear syrup.
- Steep the teabag in the hot water according to the manufacturer instruction.
- Pour the milk and the ginger syrup. Stir to combine. Serve immediately.