Sesame dressing is probably one of the easiest Japanese salad dressing and it can dress up any humble greens. Though I am using green beans for this post, you can substitute with spinach and it will work equally well. ♥
Green Beans with Sesame Dressing
Author: Daily Cooking Quest
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 200 gram green beans
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 50 ml dashi stock (or 50 ml water + 1 tsp bonito flavored dashi seasoning)
- Remove ends from green beans and cut to 2 inch lengths.
- Parboil green beans in water and a pinch of salt until just tender and still crispy.
- To make the dressing, toast sesame seeds over low heat in a frying pan until golden brown. Grind with a blender's spice attachment. Add the rest of the dressing ingredients and mixed well.
- Toss green beans with the sesame dressing and serve at room temperature or chilled.