I am actually quite embarrassed to call this a recipe since this is more a hack, but a pretty nifty one, so I decided to share with you all anyway 🙂 This is my five minutes trick to transform plain vanilla ice cream into any favorite ice cream. Here I make a thick paste using matcha (green tea) powder and hot water, stirred until smooth, then fold into a slightly softened vanilla ice cream, and keep working with a spatula until as uniform as possible, or if you like a marble effect, you can leave it less uniform. ♥
- 500 ml high quality vanilla ice cream of your choice
- 1 tablespoon matcha (green tea) powder
- 1 tablespoon lukewarm, slightly hot, drinking water
- Place the ice cream in the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes to soften it slightly. Don't let the ice cream melt.
- Mix together matcha powder and warm water in a small cup and stir well to make a smooth paste.
- Transfer half of the ice cream to a mixing bowl, and mix with matcha paste with a spatula until thoroughly mixed, then add the rest of the ice cream. If you want a marble effect, stop mixing when the ice cream looks like a marbled green and white. If you want a uniform green color, continue mixing until the ice cream is uniformly green.
- Place the bowl into a freezer. Once the ice cream has hardened again, it is ready to serve, about 1 hour.