Star fruit has very high water content, so it's perfect to turn them into juice. This version with apple has just the right balance of sweetness and tart.
A star fruit looks very much like a star when you cut them (as shown in the photo), and that is most likely where the western name comes from. In Indonesia, we call this fruit belimbing, which has nothing to do with stars at all. They are great when juiced, often time just by itself, which is the most common form encountered in restaurants. I tend to combine multiple fruits when making a juice, so I am showing you a version of star fruit juice paired with apples and oranges.♥
Apple and Star Fruit Juice
- 1 Fuji apple, peeled and cored
- 2 star fruits, peeled and seeded
- 3 Pontianak/Medan oranges, juiced (about 200 ml)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Put all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Strain into serving glasses to get a clear juice and serve immediately.