I finally have an oven again, so happy :) To celebrate, I am making a real simple baked chicken, with cashew nuts, yoghurts, chilies, lime, coriander, ginger, and garlic, with a touch of spices to round up the flavor. As long as you have a food processor, this won’t take long at all. You can marinate the whole thing overnight, and bake these up for lunch in less than 30 minutes.
Ayam Panggang Mede - Baked Cashew Chicken
Categories: Main Dish
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 1 pair of chicken breast (about 700-800 gram)
- Grind together the following to make the marinating sauce
- 150 ml plain yoghurt
- 75 gram roasted cashew nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 5-10 stalks coriander leaves
- 5-10 dried red chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- chili flakes
- coriander leaves
- Pound the chicken breast to flatten, or you can butterfly the breast instead. Set aside in a mixing bowl.
- In a food processor, puree together all the marinating ingredients. Transfer the marinating sauce into the mixing bowl.
- Mix the chicken breasts so they are fully coated with the sauce. Cover with a saran plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celcius (400 Fahrenhait).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the chicken pieces onto the sheet.
- Bake until no longer pink, about 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to serving plates, garnish with chili flakes and coriander leaves, and serve immediately.