Beside ginger and scallion, garlic and ginger is the other popular pair in Chinese cuisine. This time I am using this to prepare easy baked salmon dish that you can prepare ahead and get it to bake just prior to meal time ;)
Baked Salmon in Garlic and Ginger
Categories: Main Dish
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 500 gram salmon fillet with skin on, cut into 2 pieces
- 2 inch ginger, peel and grated
- 5 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pat dry the salmon and place in a mixing bowl.
- Gently rub the salmon with grated ginger and garlic.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to coat the salmon.
- Wrap the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is okay).
- Preheat oven to 190 Celcius (375 Fahrenheit), and line a baking tray with greased aluminum foil.
- Place the marinated salmon skin side down onto the tray, scrape off excess marinade, and bake for 12-15 minutes, until cooked through and the surface is slightly charred.
- Serve with steamed white rice.