I love pairing lightly blanched greens with a light stir fry of mushroom in garlic and oyster sauce. I use broccoli for this recipe, but you can use other greens of your choice :) When preparing for a broccoli, you will need to remove the florets from the stalk. Don’t throw away the stalk, use a peeler to peel away the tough outer layer, then chop the inner part into small bite size pieces. As for the mushroom, I use oyster mushroom since this was looking super fresh when I did my grocery. You can use other mushrooms, such as fresh shiitake, enoki, shimeji, or even regular white button mushrooms.
Broccoli and Mushroom Stir Fry in Oyster Sauce
Categories: Side Dish
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 broccoli, about 300 gram
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 100 gram oyster mushroom (Indonesian: jamur tiram), tear into small bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoon oyster sauce (Indonesian: saus tiram)
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 dashes of ground white pepper
- Separate the broccoli florets from the stalk. Peel the outer layer of the stalk and chop the inner part into small bite size pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Blanch the broccoli florets and chopped stalks in the boiling water until tender. About 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside in a serving plate. You can arrange the broccoli florets in a circle, and the stalks at the center of the circle.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan, sauté minced garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the mushroom and stir for another minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce, water, sugar, and ground white pepper into the pan. Mix well and bring to a boil. Once the sauce bubbles, turn off heat and pour entire thing into the plate with the broccoli. Serve immediately.