I love miso soup, it is tasty and very easy to prepare, so I almost always have miso paste at home. Sometimes though, I want to use miso paste for other dishes, like this easy broiled miso salmon. I learned how to prepare this dish from Just One Cookbook, and I really love how simple and delicious this dish turned out. And yes, of course this is perfect served together with miso soup as well ;)
Broiled Miso Salmon
Categories: Main Dish
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 2 pieces of salmon fillet with skin on (about 350 grams/0.8 pound each)
- Miso sauce
- 2 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- chopped scallions
- toasted sesame seeds
- Mix all ingredients together to make the miso sauce.
- Place salmon in a mixing bowl, skin side down, and coat with miso sauce. Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for at most 1 hour (it will be too salty otherwise).
- Set the oven broiler to high setting, and preheat for 3 minutes.
- Line a baking pan with a parchment paper and place the salmon on it, remove excess marinate.
- Broil for 8-12 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon, until the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve with steamed white rice and garnish with chopped scallions and/or toasted sesame seeds.