Chinese Chicken Herbal Soup
- 1 small free-range chicken or Cornish hen, whole or cut into 4-8 pieces
- 8 (~ 15 gram) dried red dates/jujube fruit (Chinese: hong zao)
- 2 tablespoon (~10 gram) goji berries (Chinese: gou qi)
- 3 slices (~ 5 gram) angelica root (Chinese: dang gui)
- 1 slice (~ 5 gram) astragalus root (Chinese: huang qi)
- 10 pieces (~ 15 gram) codonopsis root (Chinese: dang shen)
- 8 slices (~ 10 gram) Sichuan lovage rhizome (Chinese: chuan xiong)
- 1/2 tablespoon (~ 5 gram) American (yellow) ginseng
- 1/4 tablespoon (~ 3 gram) Korean (red/panax) ginseng
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 liter water
- Rinse and drain all the dried herbs to remove dust and dirt.
- Place all ingredients in a soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until chicken is tender and fully cooked. Remove from heat and serve warm.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.