Ginger Pork Sauté - Butaniku no Shoga-yaki
- 450 gram (1 lb) pork loin, thinly sliced
- 1 (~ 100 gram) onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Ginger sauce
- 1-2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoon sake
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Sear pork: Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add oil and swirl around. Add pork to the pan. Quickly sear both sides, about 30 seconds per side. Set aside.
- Ginger sauce: Add onion to the frying pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add ginger sauce, mix well, and bring to a boil.
- Glaze the pork: Return the pork to the pan and cook until the sauce reduces and glazes the pork.
- Serve: Turn off the heat. Arrange the pork on a serving plate with shredded cabbage and cherry tomatoes.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.