Rice Cooker Ketupat - Rice Cooker Rice Cakes
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- rice cooker
- loaf pan
- saran plastic wrap
- Wash and drain rice. Then place the rice, salt, and water in a rice cooker, and cook until rice cooker turns to "warm".
- Open the lid, and with the rice paddle (this usually comes with your rice cooker) or a spatula, fluff and press the rice. The cooked rice for making rice cake should be much wetter than typical steamed rice.
- Line a loaf pan with saran plastic wrap. Transfer the still warm rice to the pan, press with rice paddle or spatula as you transfer the rice. Once all the rice has been transfer, cover the the top surface with another piece of saran wrap and flatten the surface while keep pressing.
- Once the rice is as packed as it can be, poke the top saran plastic wrap with a skewer to create holes for steam to escape.
- Let the rice cake cools, you can speed up the process by cooling it in the refrigerator.
- Once it has completely cooled, remove rice cake from the mould, remove the plastic wrap, and cut into 1 inch cubes. Serve with your favorite savory dish.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.