15 Minutes Eggplant with Spicy Soy Sauce
- 1 Chinese eggplant (about 400-450 gram/slightly under 1 pound)
- olive oil (or other vegetable oil), to brush the eggplant skin
- Sauce (mix the following together)
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2-3 tablespoon thinly sliced scallions
- Remove the top part (stem) of eggplant, cut into 2 halves lengthwise, and cut each half into 3 pieces. Make 3 thin slits to each pieces.
- Brush the eggplant skin liberally with olive oil (or any vegetable oil), arrange the eggplants in a nice serving plate and cover with saran plastic wrap. Cook the eggplant in a microwave. I use a 2-serving fresh vegetables setting, but since each microwave is slightly different, please consult your microwave manual for appropriate cooking time.
- Once the eggplant is cooked, remove the saran wrap. Pour the sauce over the eggplant and garnish with scallions.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.