Apple, Goji Berry, and Honey Date Drink
- 1 kilogram red skinned apple, peeled and cored
- 2 honey dates (Chinese: mi zao) (*)
- 2 liter water
- 3 tablespoon goji berries (Chinese: gou gi zi)
- rock sugar, to taste (**)
- slices of apple for garnish
- Place apple, honey dates, and water in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- With a strainer, drain to get the apple juice.
- Return the apple juice to the pot. Add goji berries, and bring to another boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add rock sugar as needed. This may not be necessary if the apples are particularly sweet.
- Turn off heat. Transfer to a pitcher. Serve warm or chilled. You can add some slices of apple into each serving glass as garnish.
- (*) Chinese honey dates can be substituted with red dates (Chinese: hong zao)
- (**) Rock sugar can be substituted with regular sugar or honey
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.