Ayam Goreng Kremes - Fried Chicken with Crispy Spiced Flakes
5.0 from 1 reviews
Author: Anita Jacobson
Categories: Main Dish
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 10 bay leaves (Indonesian: daun salam)
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder (Indonesian: bubuk ketumbar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 300 ml water
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour (Indonesian: tepung terigu)
- 2 tablespoon rice flour (Indonesian: tepung beras)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- oil for deep frying
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 8 shallots (Indonesian: bawang merah)
- 8 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih)
- 5 candlenuts (Indonesian: kemiri)
- steamed white rice
- sambal terasi (or chili sauce of your choice)
- Place chicken pieces, spice paste, bay leaves, coriander, salt, sugar, and water in a pot. Mix well and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Strain the cooking liquid, mix this liquid with all purpose flour, rice flour, and baking powder. Mix well into a thin batter and set aside.
- Deep fry chicken in hot oil until crispy and golden brown. Remove and drain on wire rack or paper towel.
- Pour the thin batter in thin streams into the hot oil (be careful since it tends to splatter at the beginning). Once the batter is crispy and golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes, scoop it up and drain on wire rack or paper towel.
- Serve the chicken along with the crispy spiced flakes (kremes) with steamed white rice accompanied with sambal terasi or any chili sauce of your choice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.