Ayam Goreng Saus Kecap Inggris - Chicken with Worcestershire Sauce
- Fried chicken
- 600 gram boneless skinless chicken thigh/breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, bruised (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon lime/lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 gram all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch/tapioca starch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper (or ground black pepper)
- enough oil for deep frying
- Worcestershire sauce mix
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (Indonesian: kecap Inggris)
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup water/chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, cut the white part into 1 inch pieces, and thinly slice the green part
- cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoon water)
- Fried chicken
- Marinate chicken with bruised garlic/garlic powder, lime/lemon juice, and salt for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, cornstarch/tapioca starch, and salt in a mixing bowl. Coat the marinated chicken pieces with the flour mixture.
- Heat enough oil in a wok/pot for deep-frying and wait until the oil is hot. Hot oil should look shimmering and runnier.
- Finally, fry chicken pieces until golden brown, in batches if necessary. Set aside fried chicken over a wire rack to remove excess oil.
- Worcestershire sauce
- Mix Worcestershire sauce, tomato ketchup, oyster sauce, sweet soy sauce, light soy sauce, ground nutmeg, and water/chicken. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil and butter in a wok over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, garlic, and the white part of scallion until the onion wilts and turns translucent. About 3 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce mix into the wok and cook until boiling. Add cornstarch slurry and cook for 2 minutes, or until the sauce is thick.
- Return fried chicken pieces to the wok, gently toss to coat.
- Turn off the heat. Transfer the dish to a serving plate and garnish with the green part of the scallions. Serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.