Ayam Rica Rica - Manado Chicken with Chili Sauce
- 1 chicken (about 1.5 kilogram/3.3 lb.), cut into 8 pieces (or use drumsticks, thighs, quarters, e.t.c.)
- 3 lemongrass (Indonesian: sereh), bruised and knotted
- 5 kaffir lime leaves (Indonesian: daun jeruk)
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 10 red fresno chili (Indonesian: cabe merah besar/keriting), seeded
- 10 red bird-eye chili (Indonesian: cabe merah rawit), seeded (optional, or use according to the level of spiciness you can tolerate)
- 100 gram shallot (Indonesian: bawang merah)
- 6 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih)
- 2 inches ginger (Indonesian: jahe)
- Heat 5 tablespoons of cooking oil in a frying pan, stir fry the spice paste until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, lime juice, salt, and sugar and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well. Cover the pan with a lid and let cook undisturbed for 20 minutes on medium heat, or until chicken is fully cooked and tender. Serve with a bowl of steaming white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.