Ayam Tinoransak - Manado Spicy Braised Chicken
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 lemongrass, bruised and cut into 2 inch lengths
- 8 kaffir lime leaves, remove the ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks, or a whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 3 cups (750 ml) water
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar, or to taste
- Spice paste (grind the following)
- 100 gram shallots
- 4-8 green serrano/jalapeno chilies
- 3-6 red bird-eye chilies
- 1 inch ginger
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté spice paste, turmeric powder, lemongrass, and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces, stir, and cook until no longer pink.
- Pour the water into the pot, season with salt and sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes until chicken is tender and fully cooked, and the sauce has somewhat reduced. Adjust salt and sugar as needed.
- Turn off the heat and serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.