Ayam Tuturaga - Chicken in Spicy Basil Coconut Sauce
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 3 lemongrass (Indonesian: sereh), bruised and knotted
- 2 pandan leaves (Indonesian: daun pandan), knotted
- 6 kaffir lime leaves (Indonesian: daun jeruk)
- 500 ml coconut milk (Indonesian: santan)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 500 gram skinless boneless chicken breast (Indonesian: daging dada ayam)
- 1/4 cup lemon basil leaves (Indonesian: daun kemangi), reserve 8-10 leaves as garnish
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 6 bird eye chilies (Indonesian: cabe rawit)
- 3 red cayenne chilies (Indonesian: cabe merah keriting)
- 8 shallots (Indonesian: bawang merah)
- 4 candlenuts (Indonesian: kemiri)
- 1 inch ginger (Indoensian: jahe)
- 1 inch turmeric (Indonesian: kunyit)
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté spice paste, lemongrass, pandan leaves, and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant.
- Pour coconut milk, season with salt, and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until no longer pink. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes until chicken pieces are cooked through.
- Toss in the lemon basil leaves and cook until wilted.
- Discard the lemongrass and pandan leaves, transfer to a serving bowl, and garnish with the reserved lemon basil leaves.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.