Babi dan Tahu Kecap - Pork and Tofu in Soy Sauce
- 500 gram pork (use pork belly, pork shoulder, or pork loin closest to the shoulder), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 block (450 gram/1 lb) firm/extra-firm tofu, cut into 8 pieces and pan-fried
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 head garlic, peeled and lightly bruised
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns, cracked
- 4 tablespoon light/regular soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon Indonesian sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Blanch pork (optional): Boil a pot of water and blanch pork to remove scum. Drain and set aside.
- Blanch fried tofu (optional): Blanch tofu in another pot of boiling water to remove oil. Drain and set aside.
- Cook pork: Boil water, pork, garlic, and white peppercorns. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Cook tofu: Add tofu, light/regular soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and sugar. Cover the pot, reduce the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Add egg: Add hard-boiled eggs and simmer for another 15 minutes. Adjust the seasoning (salt and sugar) as needed.
- Serve: Turn off heat, served immediately with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.