Bakso Goreng Ayam - Fried Chicken Meatballs
- 3 chicken thighs, skin intact, boneless (about 600 gram)
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (white is preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder (or salt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) ice cold water
- 1 egg
- 300 gram tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- enough oil for deep frying
- Grind chicken thighs in a food processor. Transfer ground chicken into a mixing bowl.
- Season chicken with garlic, salt, sugar, ground pepper, chicken bouillon powder, and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Slowly pour in ice cold water to the meat mixture while stirring until all the water is fully incorporated into the meat mixture (there shouldn't be any standing water).
- Add in egg, mix well, then add tapioca starch and baking powder to the meat mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Chill the meat mixture in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a pot/wok over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, drop tablespoonful of chicken meat mixture into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Repeat until all chicken meat mixture is used up.
- Serve hot with chili sauce and/or tomato ketchup.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.