Bakwan Jagung ala Pancake Korea - Corn Fritters ala Korean Pancake
- Bakwan Jagung Pancake (Corn Fritters Pancake)
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels only (Note 1)
- 150 gram all-purpose flour
- 75 gram rice flour
- 2 stalks Chinese celery, thinly sliced (or sub with 1 stalk regular celery)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 100 gram shallot, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 250 ml ice-cold water
- Sambal Kecap Tomat (Spicy Tomato Dipping Sauce), mix together the following ingredients
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all pancake ingredients together into a thick batter.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoon oil in a cast-iron skillet/non-stick frying pan over medium high heat, then once the pan is hot, ladle pancake batter to the pan and spread evenly (about 1/4 of the total batter). After 30 seconds on medium high, reduce heat to medium, and once the edges look cook and more solid, flip the pancake to cook the other side, pressing lightly with a spatula to make the pancake crispy. Remove cooked pancake to a plate, and repeat the process for 3 more pancakes.
- Slice the pancakes into bite sizes and serve with the dipping sauce.
- (1) Or use 3 cups of canned/frozen corn kernels.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.