Bakwan Jagung - Corn Fritter
- 3 ears fresh corn
- 150 gram all purpose flour
- 75 gram rice flour
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks scallion, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 125 gram shallots (~ 10 Indonesian sized, or ~ 3 US sized), minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 300 ml ice cold water
- enough oil for deep frying
- Stand each ear of corn up in a bowl and use a knife to scrape off the kernels. Throw away the cobs.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the oil and mix well into a thick batter.
- Heat oil to 170 Celcius (340 Fahrenheit) for deep frying.
- Using a laddle, drop spoonful of batter into the hot oil and fry until batter turns golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side. Drain and cool on a wiring rack. Repeat until all batter has been used up. Serve hot with tomato sauce and chili sauce.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.