Balado Tempeh dan Udang
- 200 gram shelled shrimps
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon corn starch
- enough oil for deep frying
- 500 gram tempeh
- 150 ml water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (Indonesian: daun jeruk)
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 5 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 candlenuts (Indonesian: kemiri)
- 3 red chilies, seeded (optional)
- 1 fresh turmeric (Indonesian: kunyit), about 1 inch, peeled
- 1 inch ginger, peeled
- Marinate the shrimp with lime juice, salt, ground pepper, and corn starch for 15 minutes.
- Cut the tempeh into thin slices, about 2 cm wide x 4 cm long x as thin as you can manage.
- Prepare a pot with enough oil for deep frying. Deep fry the tempeh until golden brown and crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan and cook the spice paste until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and cook until no longer pink, about 1 minute.
- Add the water, salt, sugar, and kaffir lime leaves. Mix well and cook until liquid is reduced.
- Add the fried tempeh. Toss gently so the tempeh pieces are coated with the sauce. Turn off the heat and serve immediately or at room temperature.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.