Barongko - Saba Banana and Coconut Milk in Banana Leaves
- 250 gram ripe saba banana (Indonesian: pisang kepok), about 2-3
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 50 gram sugar
- banana leaves
- Prepare a steamer.
- In a mixing bowl, mash saba banana, then mix with coconut milk, egg, and sugar.
- Cut banana leaves into eight 8"x8" squares. Gently wash the leaves under cold water and wipe with a clean cloth.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of banana mixture and wrap with banana leaf. Gently fold into small packet, and secure with a toothpick. Repeat until all banana mixture is used up. (*)
- Steam the secured packets on medium heat for 25 minutes.
- Turn off heat, remove packets from steamer. Let cool in the fridge. Serve chilled.
- (*) Alternatively, line a 8"x4" loaf pan with banana leaf. Pour the banana mixture onto the pan, and steam until firm.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.