Bawang Goreng Microwave - Microwave Fried Shallots
- 100 gram (3.5 oz) shallots
- 1/2 cup oil
- Prepare shallots and oil: Peel and thinly sliced shallots. Place shallots in a microwave-safe bowl and top with enough oil to cover the shallots (~ 1/2 cup).
- Fry shallots: Cook/fry in the microwave for 2 minutes, then take it out and stir it, making sure to scoop any shallot strands that stick on the bowl.
- Cook/fry again in the microwave for 30 seconds, repeating this step several times, until the shallots are golden brown. I usually need a total of 2 minutes, or four times 30 seconds each.
- Strain: Strain to separate fried shallots from the oil.
- Store oil: Store oil in a clean glass jar in the fridge. This infused shallot oil is very fragrant, and you can use it for cooking. My favorite is to use this oil for fried rice.
- Cool fried shallots:Transfer the fried shallots to a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up oil. After 2 minutes, or once you notice the paper towel is wet with oil, transfer one more time to another plate lined with a clean paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and let it cool completely.
- Store fried shallots: Store fried shallots in a clean glass jar at room temperature. It should stay fresh and crispy for up to 1 month.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.