Bean Curd and Shiitake Pork Ribs Soup
- 3 dried bean curd sticks
- 4-8 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 12 dried jujube/Chinese red dates (Chinese: hong zao)
- 500 gram pork ribs
- 2 liter water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Soak dried bean curd sticks, dried shiitake mushrooms, and dried jujube/Chinese red dates in separate bowls overnight. Tear bean curd sticks into 1 inch sections. Strain the shiitake soaking water and add enough water to make for 2 liter. Cut each shiitake into 4 wedges.
- Place pork ribs and the 2 liter water in a soup pot and let it boil for 15 minutes. Ladle off the scum to get a clear soup.
- Add bean curd, shiitake, jujube/red dates, and salt and bring to another boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until all the ingredients are tender and fully cooked.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.