Bean Curd, Ginkgo Nuts, and Barley Sweet Soup
- 5 cup water
- 50 gram pearl barley/job's tear barley, soaked in cold tap water for 1 hour
- 100 gram ginkgo nuts, halved and remove the bitter cores, blanched in hot water for 1 minute
- 50 gram bean curd sheet, crushed into small pieces
- 2-3 pandan leaves, knotted
- 50 gram rock sugar, or to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Boil together water and pearl barley in a soup pot. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot, and cook for 1 hour.
- Add ginkgo nuts, and continue simmering for another 30 minutes.
- Add bean curd and pandan leaves, and continue simmering for 15 minutes, or just until the bean curd is wilted and soft.
- Add rock sugar, stir until all the sugar has melted.
- Stir the soup continuously while streaming the lightly beaten egg into the soup. The stirring will create egg drop soup effect.
- Turn off the heat, and discard the pandan leaves.
- The soup can be served hot, at room temperature, or even cold.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.