Beef and Bell Pepper Stir Fry
- 500 gram beef, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 green bird eye chilies (Indonesian: cabe rawit hijau)
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 4 shallots (Indonesian: bawang merah)
- 2 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih)
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder (Indonesian: bubuk ketumbar)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (Indonesian: bubuk kunyit)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder (Indonesian: bubuk jinten)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap asin)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Mix together beef and the spice paste in a mixing bowl. Cover the bowl with a saran wrap and leave to marinate for 8 hours (or overnight).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok/frying pan. Sauté onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and chilies until onion is slightly translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Reheat the wok/frying pan, and stir fry the beef mixture until no longer pink.
- Return the onion and bell pepper to the wok/frying pan, and mix well.
- Turn off heat, transfer to a serving plate. Serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.