Beet, Carrot, and Ginger Salad
- 250 gram carrot (Indonesian: wortel), peeled and slice into thin ribbons (I use a peeler)
- 250 gram beet (Indonesian: bit), peeled and slice into thin ribbons (I use a peeler)
- 8 shallots (Indonesian: bawang merah), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon raisin (Indonesian: kismis)
- salt (Indonesian: garam), about 1 teaspoon (or to taste)
- pepper (Indonesian: merica), about 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Indonesian: minyak zaitun)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger (Indonesian: jahe)
- 2 tablespoon lime juice (Indonesian: jeruk nipis)
- 2 teaspoon honey (Indonesian: madu)
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped lemon basil (Indonesian: daun kemangi)
- Place carrot ribbons, beet ribbons, sliced shallots, and raisins in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add olive oil, grated ginger, lime juice, honey, and mustard. Toss and adjust the taste as needed.
- Toss in the chopped lemon basil and serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.