Bihun Goreng Medan - Medan Style Stir Fried Vermicelli
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil
- 100 gram cabbage, shredded
- 150 ml water
- 3 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 250 gram dried vermicelli, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped celery leaf
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 3 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 candlenuts
- 20 gram dried ebi (*)
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- Heat cooking oil in a wok and stir fry the spice paste until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, water, sweet soy sauce, and soy sauce into the wok and cook until the liquid boils.
- Add the dried vermicelli, chopped scallion, and celery leaf. Keep tossing so that everything is evenly mixed. Do this for about 1-2 minutes until the vermicelli is fully cooked.
- Turn off the heat and divide into 4 serving plates. Served immediately.
- (*) For a vegetarian version, omit dried ebi. Dried ebi can be substitute with 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, which you should also omit if you want a vegetarian version.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.