Bitter Melon and Egg Stir-Fry in Black Bean Sauce
- 1 bitter melon, about 200 gram
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-5 dried red chilies, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon fermented black beans, rinse with cold water (Note 1)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- Cut the bitter melon in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the fibrous center and the seeds. Then, cut into thin 1 cm slices.
- Rub bitter melon with 2-3 tablespoons of salt and rest for 15 minutes. Rinse bitter melon under running water to remove all the salt.
- Lightly beat eggs and the 1/2 teaspoon of salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a wok with medium-high heat. Once the wok is hot, add 2 tablespoons of oil and swirl to coat the wok.
- Add minced garlic, dried red chilies, and fermented black beans. Fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add bitter melon and season with soy sauce and oyster sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour eggs over the bitter melon. Once the eggs start to set, stir with a spatula until completely set.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the dish to a serving plate. Serve immediately with steamed white rice.
- (1) You can use a tablespoon of bottled black bean sauce to replace fermented black beans, soy sauce, and oyster sauce.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.