Bok Choy and Fish Ball Soup
- 6 cup chicken stock
- 450 gram (1 lb) bok choy, separate stalks from leaves
- 450 gram (1 lb) carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 225 gram (1/2 lb) tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 450 gram (1 lb) fish balls
- 450 gram (1 lb) silken tofu, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Boil chicken stock in a soup pot. Add carrots, tomatoes, and bok choy stalks into the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry garlic and oil in a frying pan until golden brown. Transfer both fried garlic and its oil to a bowl and set aside to cool.
Alternatively, combine garlic and oil in a microwave-proof bowl. Microwave for 2-3 minutes until the garlic turns golden brown.
- Once bok choy stalks turn translucent, add fish balls and bok choy leaves into the soup pot. Return to a boil and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add tofu, scallions, fried garlic, and garlic oil to the soup pot. Remove from heat and serve the soup immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.