Braised Tofu and Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 inch ginger (Indonesian: jahe), peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih), minced
- 2 scallions (Indonesian: daun bawang), cut into 1 inch sections
- 1 tablespoon chili bean sauce (Chinese: dou ban jiang)
- 1 block of firm tofu (about 300 gram), cut into bite size pieces
- 100 gram wood ear mushroom (Indonesian: jamur kuping), thinly sliced
- 100 gram oyster mushroom (Indonesian: jamur tiram), tear into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon corn starch + 1 tablespoon water
- scallion ribbons (Indonesian: daun bawang)
- coriander leaves (Indonesian: daun ketumbar)
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté ginger, garlic, and scallion until fragrant. About 3 minutes.
- Add chili bean sauce into the pan, stir for another minute.
- Add tofu, wood ear mushroom, and oyster mushroom into the pan. Season with Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, salt, sugar, and ground white pepper. Stir until everything is mixed well.
- Pour water, stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Thicken the sauce with corn starch liquid.
- Turn off heat, transfer to a serving plate and garnish with scallion ribbons and coriander leaves. Serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.