Broccoli and Tofu Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 450 gram (1 lb) broccoli florets, washed and drained
- 1 block (450 gram / 1 lb) firm tofu, cut into cubes
- cornstarch slurry (mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoon water)
- Sauce (mix the following)
- 1 cup stock (Note 1)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce (Note 2)
- 2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce (optional)
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Once the wok feels hot, add oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, or until the color turns golden brown.
- Add broccoli florets and cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Add tofu cubes and the sauce, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce boils, add the cornstarch slurry and cook for another 2 minutes or until the sauce is thick.
- Turn off the heat, transfer the dish to a serving plate, and serve immediately.
- (1) Use vegetable/mushroom stock for a vegan-friendly dish. Use chicken stock for omnivores.
- (2) Use tamari to make the dish gluten-free.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.