Broccolini & Tofu Stir-Fry
- 450 gram (1 lb) firm/extra-firm tofu
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 chilies, thinly sliced
- 450 gram (1 lb) broccolini, chop into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoon water)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Fry tofu: Drain and pat dry tofu and cut into 16-20 pieces. Pan-fry the tofu with a little oil on a non-stick frying pan (or a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet) until golden brown and set aside.
- Sauté aromatics: Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and chilies until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add broccolini: Add broccolini and 1/4 cup of water. Mix well, cover the wok, and let the broccolini rests for 2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add tofu and sauce: Add fried tofu and all the sauce ingredients, mix well, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Thicken the sauce: Add cornstarch slurry and stir until the sauce is thick.
- Add scallions: Toss in scallions and mix gently. Turn off the heat, transfer to a serving plate, and serve the dish immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.