Bubur Kacang Hijau - Mung Beans Sweet Porridge
- 100 gram dried mung beans (Indonesian: kacang hijau), washed and drained
- 1 dried tangerine peel
- 1 liter (4 cup) water (*)
- 75 gram sugar (regular, brown, or coconut palm sugar), or to taste
- Wash and drain the dried mung beans to remove any dirt.
- Place mung beans, dried tangerine peel, and water in a soup pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until the beans burst and are soft and tender. This should take about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add sugar and stir until fully dissolved. Turn off the heat. Serve the porridge hot.
- (*) Or use 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk + 600 ml water. Since coconut milk can easily curdle when cooked in high heat, be vigilant to quickly reduce the heat to a simmer once it boils.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.