Buttermilk Roast Chicken
- 2 cups buttermilk (or 1 cup whole milk + 1 cup yoghurt)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoon chili powder (or paprika powder), depends on how spicy you want
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
- 8-12 pieces of chicken drumsticks (or chicken thighs, or a combo of both types)
- olive oil, to drizzle over chicken
- chili powder (or paprika powder), to sprinkle over chicken
- Whisk together buttermilk, minced garlic, salt, chili powder, sugar, and ground pepper.
- Place chicken pieces in a large gallon size ziplock back (or a large mixing bowl), then pour the buttermilk mixture over the chicken, make sure the chicken are all fully covered. Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to roast, return the chicken to room temperature.
- Line a baking dish with aluminum foil, and preheat oven to 220 Celsius (425 Fahrenheit).
- Arrange chicken pieces on prepared baking dish, drizzle with some olive oil, and sprinkle with some chili powder (or paprika powder).
- Roast for 50-60 minutes, or until fully cooked and the skin develops some charred spots. If you wish, you can baste the chicken with more oil midway of roasting.
- Best when serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.