Chayote and Chili Stir Fry
- 2 chayote (Indonesian: labu siam), peeled, remove the pit, and cut into sticks
- 1 inch galangal (Indonesian: lengkuas), peeled and bruised
- 2 bay leaf (Indonesian: daun salam)
- 5 red chili, sliced
- 2 tomato, quarter and thinly sliced
- 6 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 150 ml water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan, stir fry galangal, bay leaf, chili, tomato, shallot, and garlic until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chayote and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add water, salt, and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until the liquid is reduced and thicken, about 10 minutes, or until chayote is tender yet still crispy.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.