Chicken Curry Kapitan
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 8 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cups water
- 200 ml (half a can) coconut milk
- 1 potato (about 300 gram), peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime, or to taste
- Spice paste (grind into a smooth paste with blender/food processor)
- 25 dried red chilies, remove seeds and soaked in boiling water until softened
- 100 gram shallot
- 20 gram garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 inch galangal
- 3 lemongrass, white parts only
- 4 candlenuts
- 1/2 cup water
- In a wok over medium heat, mix together spice paste and ground turmeric and cook until slightly dry.
- Add cooking oil into the wok, mix well. Cook until oil starts to separate from from the spice.
- Add chicken drumsticks, mix well.
- Add kaffir lime leaves and water into the wok, mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and potato into the wok, mix well. Season with salt, sugar, and fish sauce. Simmer until the sauce is reduced and thickened, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add lime juice, cook for 1 minute. Adjust seasoning as needed. Turn off heat.
- Serve with steamed white rice, Indian roti or naan bread.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.