Chicken in Chinese Rice Wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 100 gram ginger, preferably old ginger, peeled (optional) and thinly sliced
- 1 whole free-range chicken (Indonesian: ayam kampung), or 6-8 chicken drumsticks, or 3-4 chicken leg quarters
- 10 gram Angelica roots (当归- dang gui)
- 15 gram red dates/jujube (红枣- hong zao)
- 10 gram goji berries (枸杞- gou qi)
- 400 ml Chinese yellow rice wine (黄酒- huang jiu)
- 200 ml Chinese white rice wine (白酒- bai jiu)
- 50 gram rock sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, omit if your rice wine has salt content in it
- Heat sesame oil in a pot on medium-high heat and fry ginger until fragrant. About 3 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until no longer pink. About 2 minutes.
- Add red dates, Angelica roots, goji berries, yellow rice wine, and white rice wine. Mix well, and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt, then turn the heat to a simmer, cover the pot, and cook for 1 hour.
- Add rock sugar and cook until the sugar is completely dissolved. Turn off the heat and serve the chicken in immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.